SAS promotes youth participation and education organizing charity projects intercutural short and long term which young people from Argentina participate and everyone.
How do we do it?
It is the reception of volunteers from around the world. Subir al Sur methodology developed mainly medium and long term, we believe that participation to be meaningful for both the volunteer and the local organization receiving the volunteer requires a minimum stay of three months. Volunteer projects medium and long term are developed with our partner organizations in Buenos Aires. Subir al Sur It is in charge of training, monitoring and support of volunteer experience.
It deals with the program that allows argentinxs to participate in charity projects in the world, liaise with people who propose the same purpose. It also allows you can relate directly and actively in the construction of many interrelated worlds approached from intercultural, the Solidarity, the human rights, Nonviolent Communication, promoting peace, among others.
This area is a part of received and other shipping. We receive groups of college students and coordinate their participation in local projects, at the same time, We also send young people from universities and schools international projects.
Which are the requirements?
The only requirement to participate in a volunteer is to be over 18 years and pay a participation fee that varies according to country, and project time you choose.
What types of projects there?
- Short term: 1 a 5 months (ICYE STePs)
- Long term: 6 a 12 months (ICYE Longterm)
- Workcamps: 1 a 4 weeks, fixed dates (different networks)
→ live with a group of internacionalxs voluntarixs working together on a shorter project
How to treat projects?
We offer more than 800 volunteer project opportunities in a wide variety of themes:
- protection and education on the environment and / or animal
- social and / or educational with niñxs and / or youth
- with older people or people with disabilities
- and community development
- administrative, communication work with international networks
- human rights
- The culture Art
- in health
Why a participation fee?
The participation fee is a small part to Subir al Sur and most local organization for the project you choose. It is necessary because the project you are going to participate is self-sustaining and have to cover the costs of living during your stay.
¿ Qué covers the participation fee?
- The fee for SAS covers a preparation seminar, support and mentoring before and after volunteering and project management (inclusive of all administrative costs).
- The fee for the partner organization ICYE It covers accommodation, food, local transport, pocket money to volunteer in 6 months or more, health insurance, training (on-arrival training) and support during the project.
- In the case of a workcamp organization fee it is usually very low and covers accommodation, food, local transportation and accompaniment.
What are the fee does not include flight tickets, accident insurance or liability and costs of visa or vaccines.
What are the next steps?
If you write to us you email@example.com and contás us a little more about the duration, the Project Type (topics that interest you), the Languages you drive or you would like to learn and the continents countries you are interested in to make your volunteer, We would love to send you our specific projects database.
If you like some, the next step is search for and reserve place for you on a project and send you the relevant application form local organization.